Diet and Nutrition Tracker
Log the foods you eat and any recipe you prepare with the Diet and Nutrition Tracker. Create a personalized list with your favorite foods from our food database or add your own custom foods or recipe entries. Knowing how many calories or grams of sugar are in your favorite recipes is no longer a mystery. Create your own recipes and foods once, and have them quickly available to drag and drop to any day in your food log. Log the specific time you ate the food or use time slots for morning, afternoon, and evening meals. Review your diet and nutrition summary for greater insight into your dietary routines and daily totals. Once you have your diet information tracked, you can build goals, charts, and reports to monitor your progress over time.
Track What You Eat
The Diet Tracker makes it easy to log all of your meals and get a detailed breakdown of your daily nutrition. You start by searching our database of over 40,000+ foods, including many of your favorite brand-name packaged foods and restaurants meals. If you can't find what you are looking for, we make it easy to add a custom food into the database, even a feature to input your own recipes and get the nutrition breakdown per serving. Once you've found the foods and recipes you are looking for, they can be added to your My Foods list, making it as easy as one-click to add a food to your daily food log. Each food entry can include total servings, time, meal, and any notes you want to include. Every entry also includes a customized nutrition summary, adjusted by the number of servings you had, helping you get detailed nutritional breakdowns for every thing you ate during the day.
Quickly Add Your Custom Recipes
A lot of the times, the food we are eating is not one ingredient but is a combination of ingredients or a recipe. The Diet Tracker makes it easy create custom food groups or recipes by searching our extensive food database, adding ingredients in their appropriate quantities, and grouping them into a single recipe. Our tools also support creating a multiple serving recipe, automatically breaking down the nutrition information into each serving size. Have you ever wondered how many grams of fat are in your family lasagna recipe? Or how many calories are in each one of those oatmeal raisin cookies? With the recipe feature, simply add in the ingredients, indicate the number of servings, and you have a detailed nutritional breakdown by serving, added to your My Foods list to make it easy to add it to your daily food log.
Insightful Daily Nutrition Summary
The daily nutrition summary provides you with nutritional breakdown for your daily diet, comparing your current dietary intakes with both your diet goals and with your recommended dietary reference intakes (DRI). Each nutrition fact includes your current daily total based on the all the foods logged for the current day, as well as the corresponding goal and DRI. Both the goal and DRI values include an up-and-down arrow, making it easy to see if you are on track and within range of meeting your recommended allowances or goal value. The nutrition summary gives you a detailed breakdown of the nutritional value of the food you eat by day. The summary includes:
- Calories: Whether you are trying to lose weight or simply trying to be conscious of how many calories you are consuming, we make it easy to keep track of your daily caloric intake.
- Fat: Keeping an eye on the total fat in your diet is an important aspect of maintaining your health and meeting your health goals.
- Saturated Fat: In addition to tracking the overall fat in your diet, our tools help you measure your saturated fat intake.
- Trans Fat: Avoiding trans fats can be very difficult. We help you identify what foods are high in trans fat and help you monitor your total intake to keep these numbers as low as possible.
- Cholesterol: Our tools make it easy to keep track of your total cholesterol intake and quickly see which foods, recipes, and meals are high in cholesterol.
- Sodium: Tracking your daily sodium intake is an important part of balancing your diet, especially to manage high blood pressure. Sodium levels in foods can be very high, especially in packaged foods, so keeping an eye on your daily sodium intake is an important part of a healthy diet.
- Carbohydrates: Many dieters are closely watching their carb intake. Our quick carbohydrate breakdown makes it easy to keep track of the carbs by meal and throughout the day.
- Sugar: Often times, sugar carbohydrates are the main contributor to a high carb diet. A balanced sugar intake is important to dietary health, especially for people managing or trying to prevent diabetes.
- Dietary Fiber: Our nutrition summary helps you keep a balanced level of dietary fiber in your food.
- Protein: We make it easy to find out how much protein you are getting from each of your meals and throughout the day.
- Water: Maintaining hydration throughout the day, including water from the food you eat, is vital.
Personalized Dietary Reference Intakes
The daily nutrition summary includes personalized calculations of your USDA Dietary Reference Intakes (DRI). Your DRIs are based on your gender, age, weight, and height, and include recommendations for all major nutrition areas. If you change you weight or height, or celebrate another birthday, the Diet Tracker feature automatically recalculates your Dietary Reference Intakes, ensuring you are always seeing the most up to date, accurate reference intakes.
Set and Monitor Your Diet Goals
Setting a goal is an integrated feature in the Diet Tracker. You can set goals on any of the nutrition summary fields, meaning you can create goals on your calories, fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sodium, carbohydrates, sugar, dietary fiber, protein, and water. Goals can be set by entry, by meal, by time slot (such as morning, afternoon, or evening), by day, by week, and by month. The flexible goal feature makes it easy to create a wide range of goals and then chart and monitor your progress over time easily. There are hundreds of different diet goals you can setup in HealtheHuman™ to help you set and meet your diet and nutrition objectives.
Chart Your Diet & Nutrition Progress
Choose from an extensive library of charts for your daily diet and nutrition information. Easily chart your daily totals for calories, fat, sodium, cholesterol, and any other nutrition summary field. Use the dashboard features to combine charts across different nutrition fields and analyze changes in key diet totals over weeks, months, and even the last year. All of the charts can be saved as images, making it easy to print, email, and share your diet charts with your personal trainer, dietitian, or doctor.
Extensive Reports of Your Nutrition History
Quickly create reports for all of your diet and nutrition tracker data. Create Daily Nutrition Summary reports to easily share the details of your diet with your personal trainer, dietitian, or doctors. Reports are generated in PDF format, making it easy to save, print, or email.